You can start from the beautiful Carrick on Shannon and explore the stunning region full of lakes, islands and winding countryside. This is one of the most popular areas of the Shannon to visit so take a look at our offers and use our website to plan your perfect river Shannon break
Discover the Mid-Shannon
Banagher is the most popular starting point on the Mid Shannon and fro here you have the freedom to travel north to the upper Shannon or South to Lough Derg. The mid Shannon is full of interesting places to visit including the wonderful Clonmacnoise and the towns of Athlone and Shannonbridge. Lough Ree (Lake of the Kings) is also a stunning place to explore surrounded by friendly villages and studded historic islands.
Discover Lough Derg
Lough Derg sits in the middle of some of the most dramatic scenery in Ireland. You can set out from Banagher or Portumna and explore this fantastic area. There are nine lovely villages to visit from Terryglass to the popular medieval town of Killaloe. The Lough Derg trail makes for a fantastic weekend break
Discover the Shannon Erne Waterway
The Shannon Erne Waterway can be experience by cruiser or Barge and with 16 locks it is really one for the boating enthusiast. You can start out from the lovely town of Ballinamore through the famous Cavan lakes and into the Erne or south to the friendly Leitrim Village. It is a slow and steady pace through out with plenty of beautiful scenery to enjoy
Discover Lough Erne
Lough Erne in County Fermanagh is Northern Ireland's most popular waterway to explore. Steeped in history this majestic region has some wonderful villages and attractions to visit from Belleek in the north to Belturbet in the south. There are multiple starting points for cruisers and the Erne is a spectacular place to visit.
1. A craft is booked only when the booking form completed by the hirer and returned to us together with 1/3 of the total hire charge as a deposit. For short break cruises a booking deposit of 50% is required to secure the craft. The balance is payable no more than six weeks before your departure date. If you are booking within six week of your departure date then the full amount is required.
2. If the hirer is unable to take over the craft on the date already booked they should notify us immediately. We will endeavour to re-let the craft. If this is successful 15% of the total hire charge will be retained to cover our expenses. If we are unsuccessful in re-letting, the hirer is responsible for the balance.
3. Bookings are accepted subject to the craft being available, as there is always the possibility of a previous hirer causing accidental damage, which would hold up the craft for repair. In this event every effort will be made to supply a similar craft, if this is not possible the deposit shall be returned to them in full, but the hirer shall have no claim whatsoever against the owner.
4. Pets are not permitted on board our cruisers.
5. The craft must not be taken below Killaloe. Cruising after dark is prohibited.
6. We shall not be responsible for any delay caused by floods, repairs or damage to navigational works.
7. All hire periods commence after 16.30 and terminate at 10.00a.m on the final day of the booking period. We will endeavour to arrange flexible arrival & departures times for short break cruises.
8. Customers on group Airport transfers may experience some delay while waiting for other flights to arrive.
9. The craft must be returned not later than 10a.m. in a clean condition throughout with full-fuel and water tanks on the day on which the hirer period terminates. If the hirer fails to return the craft in due time, as stated above , they shall pay the owners € 200 for every day or part of a day which the craft is delayed away from base, plus any consequential damage or loss for breach of contract.
10. No experience is necessary but we reserve the right to refuse to hand over to any hirer who in our opinion is not considered suitable to take charge.
11. Persons under the age of 21 years are not permitted to hire our craft unless we have written consent of their parent or guardian, who must take full responsibility and accept the Conditions of Hire.
12. On take over, a trial run will be given to familiarize hirer with craft. After this trial run the hirer shall take full responsibility for the craft and her equipment.
13. If any repairs or adjustments become necessary the owners must be notified immediately. Repairs cannot be carried out by any other firm without the owner’s permission.
14. We at all times try to give a specific description of craft, but we shall not be responsible for any inaccuracies that may occur.
15. It is in your interest, as well as ours, that rubber soled shoes should be worn on board.
16. A free car park is provided to our customers, but the owners accept no responsibility for any loss or damage that may occur.
17. The company will not be responsible for time loss due to breakdowns, damage or other defects and no financial adjustments can be made in these circumstances.
18.Only crew members named on the booking form are admitted to hire our craft and the company takes no responsibility for other persons boarding our craft.
19. A returnable deposit of €700 to €1,000 must be paid by the hirer upon arrival (depending on the class of cruiser). If no loss or damage has occurred to the cruiser, its contents, dinghy or third party, the deposit will be returned in full.
20. All extras must be paid upon arrival to the marina. Fuel used will be paid on completion of the hire period. Bicycles are hired at clients risk and Silver Line accepts no responsibility for loss or injury sustained by the hirer.
Before departing our marina, make sure that your outboard motor is in good running order, as we do not facilitate a repair service for outboard motor outside our marina, and we do not offer refunds or cash adjustments for this at the end of the hire period. A separate refundable deposit of €150 is paid upon arrival for the hiring of the outboard motor. If the outboard motor is lost or stolen the hirer is responsible for the full replacement
By continuing to make an enquiry through discover the Shannon, please note that you are accepting these terms and conditions
Send an enquiry about this boat now
We respond to all enquiries within hours.
This boat has multiple start points. Where would you like to start from?