A restored plantation castle of the early 17th century, picturesquely situated on the shores of Lough Gill, once the home of Robert Parke and his family. The Courtyard grounds contain evidence of an earlier 16th century Tower House structure once owned by Sir Brian O’Rourke who subsequently was executed at Tyburn, London in 1591. The Castle has been restored using Irish oak and traditional craftsmenship. Access for visitors with disabilities to ground floor.
Guided Tours: Available on request
Maximum No: 25
Duration: 40 Minutes
Leaflet/Guide book: English, Irish, French, German, Italian, Spanish