Pre-Departure Check List
To finalise your booking and to make sure you’re ready to enjoy a wonderful and hassle-free boating holiday, please make sure that you have completed or considered the following.
Have you :
- Read your Booking Confirmation: Make sure all your details are correct.
- Booked any optional holiday extras: These can be booked any time before departure, but get in quick to ensure availability.
- Travel insurance: We advise that you can arrange personal travel to cover yourself against any possible risks.
- Noted any compulsory holiday costs: Please make sure you are aware ofany compulsory holiday costs that you must pay in addition to your boat hire such as boat insurance and fuel.
- Organised your travel to base: Whether you are travelling by car, ferry or plane, please make sure you know where your start base is located.
- Paid your final balance: You will be contacted to pay your final balance so please make sure to pay this.
- Planned your cruise: It is best to start planning your cruise in advance of departure. Our site will help you do this but you should have an idea of how far you want to travel and where you might like to stop.
We recommend you pack some of the following items :
- Soft bags which can fold away are much better than suitcases
- Non-slip rubber-soled shoes
- Leather or gardening gloves are useful when holding the ropes in the locks.
- Binoculars for bird and wildlife watching
- A torch for walking along towpaths at night.
- Clothes to suit all weather conditions.
- Sun protection – you can burn easily by the water.
- Toilet paper and toiletries.
- Condiments such as Ketchup and Olive oil for cooking.
What’s already on board?
Electronics and Power: All boats are equipped with a 12 volt cigarette lighter (just like a car) which can be used to plug in your adapter lead for a mobile phone or any other low power equipment. Some models also have 220V plug sockets (providing power when crusing or when ‘hooked-up’ to a shore power supply).
Other Equipment on board:
All our boats are fully-equipped with:
- Linen, duvets, pillows
- Towels and tea towels (not beach towels)
- Fridge and gas oven
- Kitchen utensils and cutlery
- Cushions and curtains
- Security, mooring and saftey equipment, including life jackets.
- Power supply, radio and cd player
- Crusing maps and documentation