Terms and Conditions
- BOOKING: A holiday is booked when the completed and signed Booking Form has been received by Emerald Star with an appropriate initial payment of 30 % of the holiday price, and confirmed by an authorized official of the company. The signing of the Booking Form shall be deemed to constitute acceptance to these conditions by the hirer and shall be a warranty by the person so signing that he has the authority to act on behalf of all the persons named on the Form:
The hirer is responsible for the whole of the holiday price and the balance must be received by Emerald Star six weeks before the holiday start date. Failure to pay the balance on the due date will be interpreted by Emerald Star as notice of cancellation ( see below ).
For bookings made within six weeks of the holiday start date the hirer will be required to pay the full amount at the time of booking.
- CANCELLATION: This must be notified in writing to Emerald Star by the person who signed the Booking Form. When a cancellation is made more than 90 days before the holiday is due to start Emerald Star will retain the 30 % deposit. In all other cases the hirer remains responsible for payment of the full hire price.
- CANCELLATION INSURANCE: This is to guarantee the insured the repayment of the cancellation expenses which would have been due to the company in accordance with the cancellation conditions. The insurance is valid if the hirer cancels the booking before departure for one of the following reasons : Serious illness, serious accident, death of the insured, of his/her spouse, of any near relative ( father, mother, sister, brother, child) or damage to main residence, involuntary loss of employment, professional transfer, jury service.
This guarantee covers all members of the crew included on the Booking Form. Cancellation for any for the above reasons should be made in writing to the company within 5 days of the incident accompanied by the relevant documents , notice of dismissal or redundancy, medical certificate, death certificate, legal order, etc.
In the event of cancellation, the company will reimburse all amounts already paid, excluding the cancellation insurance premium and 80 euros to cover administrative costs.
- INSURANCES: The boat and its equipment are insured against damage resulting from collision or impact and against the hirer’s liability to other parties. Although the hirer is responsible for each claim, that responsibility is restricted to the balance of the security deposit left with Emerald Star at the commencement of the hire. The hirer’s personal effects are NOT covered by this insurance. No liability can be accepted for loss or damage to client’s property, baggage, motor cars, etc..however caused.
- ONE WAY CRUISES: The company reserves the right to reverse the direction of the cruise for operational reasons or reasons beyond its control. Whilst the company will make every effort to advise the hirer in good time the onus of establishing the starting point rests with him. On cruises with a duration of no less than 2 weeks we will be able to advise 2 weeks before the cruise is due to start, for 10 nights we will be able to advise 10 nights before the cruise is due to start and for 7 nights duration – 7 nights before the start day.
- TAKEOVER, RETURN AND VACANCY OF BOATS: A free demonstration run is given at the time of takeover to explain the controls of the boat and its equipment. The boat will be available from 4 p.m. onwards on the takeover day. The hirer must return the boat and vacate it on the final day of hire by 9 a.m. in a clean and tidy condition, The hirer is advised that the hire boat operating company reserves the right to make a charge for every hour after 9.30 a.m. during which the boat is delayed or occupied and to make a cleaning charge of 60 C if the boat is not returned in a clean and tidy condition.
- DELAYS AND CURTAILMENTS: No responsibility will be accepted for loss of time or expenses incurred through accidental damage to the boat while in the hirer’s charge. No liability can be accepted for loss or damage or expense which occurs as a result of any defect or breakdown occurring the cruise unless such occurrence is immediately reported to Emerald Star and the failure is found to be due to negligence on its part. Any defect or breakdown must be reported immediately to Emerald Star so that steps can be taken to repair the boat or remedy the service. Emerald Star shall not be responsible for the consequences of delays of non fulfilment of programmes caused by breakdown, unforeseen defects, obstruction, closures, repairs or damage to navigational works or bridges, flooding, shortages of water, industrial action, fuel rationing or non availability of fuel, or any other cause. The right is also reserved to restrict the cruising area without notice if unusual or hazardous conditions prevail and no financial adjustment can be made in any of these circumstances.
- ACCIDENTS: The hirer is responsible for the boat and its safe navigation. In the event of an accident or damage the hirer must notify Emerald Star immediately with full details and names and addresses of other persons involved and of witnesses.
- DEPOSIT: You are required to pay ( in cash, Mastercard or Visa ) a combined Fuel and Security deposit to take out a non?refundable Collision and Propeller Damage Waiver together with a Fuel deposit on arrival at the base. The security deposit will be refunded at the end of the holiday minus the cost of the fuel used provided the boat and its equipment is returned on time, undamaged and without a third party claim against you. The fuel deposit will be refunded to you less the cost of the fuel used. If the cost of the fuel used exceeds the deposit made, then the appropriate extra amount will be due from you.
- NOTICE TO CUSTOMERS: Emerald Star reserves the right to refuse to hand over the cruiser to any person who in the opinion of the local manager is not suitable to take charge of it.
A Security Deposit of 1350 is payable on arrival. A non-refundable waiver of Euro 115 for up to seven nights or Euro 170 for eight nights or more is available in place of the security deposit. If the damage waiver is chosen a refundable fuel deposit of Euro 250 is payable.